2.19.2013

All Worth It

So this morning, I woke up with the desire to hang out with someone. Anyone. Just someone to talk to. Not about anything in particular but just to ramble and talk. For me these days are few and far between but when they happen it's necessary I fulfill that desire. And I also needed to get out of my comfort zone to connect with others, as this is something I've been trying to work on. So my adventure begins. Showers are so important, as we don't want to run our friends off, now do we!!! So I thought I should start there. Then I had to run to the bank that was closed yesterday and run my love's lunch to him because he forgot it in his rush to work this morning. So I texted one of my friends before I left the house but she had a sick kid, so that was out of the question. Praying she and her other kids don't get it. Whatever it is, we don't want it at our house. So I texted another, hoping she was available but with her crazy full schedule was unsure if it was possible. As I was dropping off my husband's lunch, I saw her and she said that today was the only day this week. Awesome! I picked up lunch and we enjoyed a few hours of slightly but sweet interrupted time from our dear children. However, the time spent today was worth it all. Just to have that connection has fulfilled that little thing in me that says to connect even when it's sometimes the most uncomfortable thing you'll do today. I can whole heartedly say that my time was well spent. Thanks for an awesome time my friend!
As we all know, the first step is always the hardest. But then we realize that it wasn't as bad as we thought. So get out there and call a friend that you've been wandering about for a while. They probably have been thinking of you too. Be the first to connect with them. They won't forget it!

Now on to a subject that I've tried hard to practice what I preach: not eating grains. I have NOT done so well this week, at least so far. There has been gluten/grains in everything I've touched this week. But I'm reminded of a quote from A Day in the Life of a Minimalist, "None of it happened overnight; it took time. And it wasn't easy; it took consistent action - incremental actions that morphed into habits over time." This is something I have to remind myself multiple times through the day. I'm always trying to change bad habits overnight then I feel like a failure when I fail one time. So it's time to pick up my feet and try again tomorrow when the day starts fresh. It takes seven days to make a habit and twenty-one to break a habit. It's definitely not going to be an overnight thing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment